top of page

Alleged Contamination Incident at Kansas Steakhouse Sparks Investigation and Concern


Jace Hansen booking photo Johnson County jail; Background: YouTube screen grab of Hereford House steakhouse
Jace Hansen booking photo Johnson County jail; Background: YouTube screen grab of Hereford House steakhouse

A troubling incident at a steakhouse in Kansas has led to the arrest of a part-time employee, Jace Christian Hanson, on charges of contaminating food with unspecified "bodily fluids." The arrest took place on April 25, with Hanson currently in detention on a $100,000 bail. Details revealed by the Johnson County District Attorney’s office suggest that the contamination occurred at the Hereford House steakhouse in Leawood, Kansas, where Hanson had been employed for less than a month.

The nature of the alleged contamination and the exact bodily fluids involved have not been disclosed by authorities, leaving both patrons and the public with unsettling questions. In response to the incident, over 130 individuals who dined at Hereford House between March 26 and April 25 have reported potential health issues resembling food poisoning. Police and prosecutors are urging anyone affected to come forward and share their experiences to assist with the investigation.

Addressing public concerns, the restaurant spokesperson confirmed that immediate steps were taken to clean and sanitize the kitchen in compliance with health department guidelines after Hanson's arrest. The safety and well-being of customers remain a top priority for Hereford House as they navigate through this challenging situation.


 

Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe has indicated that while current evidence implicates only Hanson, additional charges may be forthcoming as the investigation progresses. Presently, Hanson faces a felony criminal threat charge, with further legal proceedings scheduled for June 6. As authorities continue their efforts to uncover the full extent of the incident, individuals are encouraged to prioritize their health and cooperate with law enforcement as needed.

This unsettling episode serves as a stark reminder of the critical importance of food safety standards in the hospitality industry and the need for vigilance in safeguarding public health. The community's support and cooperation are crucial as authorities seek to address the aftermath of this distressing event.


To Send in News Stories email info@savageroyalt.com

4 views0 comments

Comments

Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page